- Lamp Post
- Sandwich Board
- Hay Bales
- Show Shiner
- Post Box
- Coal Guy
- Telephone Box
- Street Sweeper
- Guy in box selling papers
- Chestnut cart
- Information Board
- Street Vendors
- Sewer Grates
- Pot Holes
- Manhole Covers
- Kids Playing
- Cardboard Boxes
Topic of Discussion – Assets
Asset List on Basecamp
Ridiculous Quests (Also Known as ‘Fetch Quests’
Character – Historical Researcher
‘A modular environment is an environment built out of reusable textures and models.’
Using vertex colours – painting/tint geometry.
Use vertex materials for damage
[Theory: Efficient planning for modular environments]
Separate textures – major, minor, decals
Floating plane with alpha map
PBR Workflow (Physically Based Rendering)
Video 1 – Texture Maps Explained – PBR Workflow (Physically Based Rendering).
- First image (texture cube) features a base colour, metallic, roughness, normal, height and ambient occlusion.
- Base Colour/Albedo/Diffuse – The literal colour of areas on a given space of your textures.
- Cube without base colour is just white.
- Metallic – The ability of your surface to reflect the imagery around it.
- If material is not too reflective (brick) the metallic map will be black and if it is reflective it will be white. Can adjust values in Unreal Engine.
- Roughness – The ability of your surface to reflect or absorb white light.
- White = Rough Black = Smooth
- Normals – Determines the illusion of depth and features.
- Height – The fake depth or height of areas on your map. (Bump)
- Parallax Illusion?
- Ambient Occlusion – Determines which areas are inherently darkened to simulate shadows. (Not essential).
Video 2 – Creating a PBR texture for Unreal Engine 4 in GIMP
- Text Based
- Action Adventure
- Role Playing
- War Game
People (Sterotypes/job roles)
- Office Worker
- Shop Keeper
- Privileged Class
- Gate Keeper
- Tram Workers
- Fortune Teller
- Maritime Museum
- Princes Quay
- Punch Hotel
- Hull City Hall
- Prudential Tower
- Empty Building
- Cafe Nero
Harry langddon – The Puynch Hotel
Sam McNeil – Cafe Nero
Matthew Britchford – Ferens Art Gallery
Hannah Bales – Hull City Hall
Kyle Agnew – Maritime Museum
John Ovington – William Wilberforce Statue
Sam Akester – Prudential Tower
Harry Javan – Empty Building
3DS Max 2016
Unreal Engine Version 4.13.0
Substance – Painter, Designer, Bitmap2Material
- Vertex Painting
- Occlusion Culling
- Modeler Workflow
Define 3D Modelling Terms
Creative Futures – Tech Skills – Portfolio, research job sites, small client projects, making my own website, glossary, discussions, paperwork.
Paperwork – Disclosure Forms, model sheets, credits list, bibliography, signatures etc.
Look at the British Film Industry.