For my final project, I have decided to make a bedroom diorama. I’m making the bedroom as if it was mine, not in the sense that I am making a dream bedroom but the layout will be a games designers room with assets that are similar to what me and my classmates would own. Below are some research images that I have found that might be useful when designing assets for the room.
Above: Research on teenager/gamer rooms.
Above: Room Asset Research.
Above: My Room Research
Overall I am thinking of using grey, black and white to colour the main room assets such as bed frame, wardrobe and drawers whereas it will be the miscellaneous objects that make the room colourful.
Main Asset List
- Television Unit
- Storage Chest
Optional Asset List
- Gaming Merchandise (e.g. statues, figures, replicas, plush toys etc.)
- Gaming Consoles (e.g. Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo etc.)
- Posters (e.g. movie poster, music icon poster, signed poster, video game poster etc.)
- Stationary (pencils, pens, ruler, rubber, pencil case, paint, paint brushes etc.)
- Other technology (mobile phone, tablet, computer, drawing tablet, headphones, speakers etc.)
- Clothing (shoes, clean pile of clothes, laundry basket, clothes draped on chair, clothes hung on other objects, clothes on floor etc.)