Gamification to improve our world: Yu-kai Chou
TEDx Talks – Yu-kai Chou
- The average gamer is 35 Years Old.
- 68% are over 18.
- 47% are female.
- More adult women that under 18 male, “Everyone can be a gamer.”
- Gamification putting fun game elements into boring real-life context.
- Don’t just use points, badges or leaderboards for a gamification feature.
- Good Gamification = challenging, interactive and social.
- Octalysis – Display that shows examples of gamification.
Image: Yu-Kai Chou Octalysis.
Image Source: http://yukaichou.com/gamification-examples/octalysis-complete-gamification-framework/
- Pain Squad – Epic Meaning and Calling
- Nike Fuel Band – Development and Accomplishment
- Fold it – Empowerment of Creativity and Feedback
- DragonBox – Ownership and Possession
- OPower – Social Influence and Relatedness
- KickStarter – Scarcity and Impatience
- Speed Camera Lottery – Unpredictability and Curiousity
- Zombies Run – Loss and Avoidance.
Ted Talks Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5Qjuegtiyc