For my final design for the character diversity project I decided to stick with the project B as I have had many ideas. At first I decided to use a similar idea to the video below but then I thought ideas like that have been used before and I wanted something different.

Then I researched lots of different methods of changing the appearance of characters (which is featured elsewhere on my blog in the creative futures section). Then I thought about how these ideas have characters that move, however, not all of the joints move with great ease. As I was sat at my art desk one night I looked to my left at the wooden mannequin realising that would be great for a character.

IMG_0078

I drew the mannequin and the little squares represent the attachments in which the clothing will attach. The mannequin will be made from either plastic or wood. I was thinking plastic would be the better option as it would be cheaper in production as well as easier to attach items.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Here is my final concept which I drew in Illustrator. Here it shows to different colour options for a male in the office environment. The brief required me to make a concept for a specific environment so I chose office. In the hand I decided to place a pen as the characters will have accessories rather than just clothes.

Advertisements